Tehcbox explained in 2 minutes (above)
Several screenshots taken during the online workshop (above)
These are some screenshots of ideation exercises done on Miro during the workshop (below)
These are some screenshots from our guidebook (below)
Techbox is a series of guidebooks and hackathons/workshops encouraging the use of creative technology for social good, through not only learning how to use various tech tools, but also through learning design thinking skills. We have had the opportunity to run 6 workshops since August 2020, ranging from an 1 hour workshop to a 3 day Hackathon with 600+ sign ups! We are also proud to announce that our 3-day hackathon Hack Your Reality’ was shortlisted for a Knowledge Exchange Award at UAL!
Please contact us if you would like us to run a workshop for you!
Our Case StudiesAre you curious about our AR workshops? We run a variety of workshops, both in real life inside the classroom and online via virtual zooms / Teams. We have taught university students, members of the public, -18s and youth and independent creatives, in the UK and globally.
With TECHBOX, we adapt our teaching to the specific Unit theme that your students are currently working on, and we can provide a brief prior to each session.
- Read about our 3-day AR and activism hackathon with UAL students Camberwell College of Arts (2022) here
- Read about our digital avatars and AR workshop with students in BA Critical Practice in Fashion Media at London College of Fashion, UAL (2022) here
- Read about our 3-day AR hackathon and AR public exhibition with University of East London and DE KONZEPT studio (2022) here
- Read about our 1-day AR workshop with students in MA Illustration at Camberwell College of Arts, UAL (2022) here
- Read about our AR workshop and AR public exhibition with teenagers 16-18 year olds at Lethaby Gallery with Central Saint Martins (2022) here
- Read about our AR workshop with children at F.A.T Studio Old Kent Road Community Arts Club (2022) here
- Read about our 3-day AR hackathon with fashion designers based in the UK, US, Nigeria, Ethiopia and Germany (2021) here
- Read about our 3-day AR hackathon on racial equality with UAL Students, Arts’ Student Union, Our Sisterhood and Artivive (2021) here
- Read about our AR workshop with members of the public in Peckham at the Digital Festival (2021) here
- Community Leader, Educator, Activist and Creative Technologist - Jazmin Morris: Ricebox Studio deliver the best AR workshops in the world!! Thank you team Ricebox Studio for all your hard work and dedication, our students clearly loved the 3 days and got loads out of it. The final student presentation AR ideas and prototypes were on very impressive.
- Emerging Technologies Manager @ Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon Colleges, University of the Arts London - Chris Follows : Ricebox Studio is a wonderful unison of knowledge and accessibility - the energy that they deliver sessions with is truly unique! (...) My experience with Ricebox has always been fantastic, they are prompt on communications, knowledgeable and know exactly how to captivate their audience. A dream to work with and are an inspiration in our field.
- Student - University of the Arts London BA Graphic Design: Your workshop was super engaging and easy to follow - you've made tech that seems quite hard to get into quite simple, I'd love to attend more workshops.
- Student - University of the Arts London MA Graphic Design Communication Workshop : I enjoyed the workshop so much. I never wanted to be that out-of-touch adult who doesn't know how to use tech and this felt like I was breaking that barrier. Also love how your whole team is comprised of women when tech seems to be such a male dominated industry even in the design space!
- Technical Coordinator, Digital Media Central Saint Martins - Matthew Edwards: As educators they offered insightful and cutting-edge workshops, whilst using the most inclusive teaching practices which had a positive impact on all students. When the season was concluded, we sought feedback from participants of all sessions and the Ricebox sessions were in the best performing category across the board.
- Student - University of the Creative Arts BA Graphic Design: While undertaking the workshop with RiceBox studio, not only did I learn new skills that have helped increase the range of experimentation tools in current projects, but I also made sure to post my own work in social media which got me a commission the same day that I shared my outcome for the workshop! It was a very cool experience that I would recommend to all learning creatives!
Interested for us to run a workshop? Contact us via email@example.com